She got older and stayed beautiful.

There are plenty of young ones creating themselves in new ways.  Our Women's Studies graduates are running programs and doing research in graduate schools and creating new social visions.
Nancy

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/10/06 2:05 AM >>>
Whatever happened to the great feminists like Gloria Steinem, anyway?
P.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gunnar Jauch" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 9:56 PM
Subject: Re: Confessions of a "man"-loving woman

am 09.04.2006 23:53 Uhr schrieb Nancy Gish unter [log in to unmask]:

> As for das Ewigweibliche, for god's sake, read deBeauvoir

Thank you for the hint, my dear Nancy, but imagine -- I did! ;-)

Take a look at "Une Mort très Douce" (for your benefit translated awkwardly
into English as "A Very Easy Death"), where Simone describes the passing
away of her mother. It arguably ranks among her best works and depicts her
in a wholly different and tender light.

Gunnar

"But I got to get used to not living next door to Alice (Schwarzer)"