Hm, interesting, CR. I don't know if I could agree
with that completely, have to think about it first...
What confuses me a bit is the fact that the poem
brings with "Let us go then, you and I..." - that
line, as well as the last one, brings in the story
another person... so I've always had a feeling the
poem is related to the love between two persons, but
in the light of an "overwhelming question" - our
finiteness and time.
By the way, what do you think about the lines "In the
room the women come and go/ Talking of Michelangelo"?
I guess this has an ironic flair (or maybe I'm
wrong?), but why exactly Michelangelo?

D.