> That's an observation, not a speculation.
>
> The title says "Love Song of"; does that mean it is
> his
> song seranading someone else? Is it the song of
> someone else for him?
> Those are the logical possibilities. That is not a
> speculation.
> As to which of those possiilities is the correct
> one,
> I refuse to speculate.

Yeah, but the fact you refuse to speculate, doesn't
mean that such a speculation would be senseless. In
your previous post you wrote: "The character is a
touchstone whereby the reader can assess his or her
own awareness, by how he or she reacts to the poem,
which means it is useless to speculate about what love
means." I just pointed out that this is already an
interpretation, and not a mere observation as soon as
you say it is useless to speculate about what love
means in the poem. I think every good poem (and this
one is one of the best I've ever read) is like a
pearl, and there is nothing contingent in it, just
like there isn't one, ultimate interpretation of it
that could be satisfying. And thinking (or if you
want, speculating) of possible meanings of the notion
of love in its title is equally important as
thinking/speculating/interpreting any other idea in
it.

Dunja