A coincidence that this poem arrives from the Minstrels just now?
  I'm sorry if it deepens the mood of despair. I never intended it. ~ CR

  Night in Arizona

The moon is a charring ember
Dying into the dark;
Off in the crouching mountains
Coyotes bark.

The stars are heavy in heaven,
Too great for the sky to hold --
What if they fell and shattered
The earth with gold?

No lights are over the mesa,
The wind is hard and wild,
I stand at the darkened window
And cry like a child.

   -- Sara Teasdale
      (1915)

cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Usk : of past, present and future

  I shall say it again. Shall I say it again?

    Mesmerizing remnants of history  --
  reminiscent of a whole past
  the likeness of which shall never return,
  except in humankind's capacity to destroy
  and its monumental facades of defense.
  Shall we prevail against time?
  Against barbarism?  Against destruction?
  Shall civilization endure?
  Disturbing questions.

  Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past.

  ~ CR

cr mittal <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Mesmerizing remnants of history  -- reminiscent of a whole past the likeness of which shall never return, except in humankind's capacity to destroy and its monumental facades of defense. Shall we prevail against time? Against barbarism?  Against destruction? Shall civilization endure? Disturbing questions.

  ~ CR

Callaheidi Fireman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:       http://www.castlewales.com/usk.html

  Have a look at these gorgeous photos,
  CallaHeidi