I guess it's neither; only posters forget to correct it -- preoccupied as they are with their message.

  ~ CR

Nancy Gish <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Yes, as in "manacles." I'm still trying to find out if this is supposed
to be a joke or pun and if so, what. No one answers.
Cheers,
Nancy

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:08:12AM -0400, Marcia Karp wrote:
> Yes, and without standard spelling they wouldn't be notable.

This is so true. I think that Peter fails to realize that the punning
of which he is so fond *relies* upon a standard spelling.

--George