They're the only species who creates art.

In a message dated 4/13/2006 10:08:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

On  Wednesday, April 12, 2006 3:36 PM -0700 Dunja Seselja
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Um, how do you mean the  other kinds...?

Dunja,

Well, if you can have a  question which may only provoke thought, there
must be other kinds of  questions, right? What do they do?

My Eliot professor liked to  remark that man is the only being who is a
question unto himself (maybe he  said "human beings," but he definitely
cringed at "humans"). The point  being that for us human beings, our
existence puts our being in question.  "Why? Wherefore? What is our ultimate
context?"

So questions are  very interesting. At a minimum, I'm thinking, a question
provokes thought.  What else do they do?

Cheers,
Ken A.