This is a "Mark Your Calendars" message for two Columbia Audubon Society
field trips in April.  One will be announced in the April Chat; the
other won't because I diddled around and didn't decide to do it until
after the deadline.

April 13 (Thursday), GREATER PRAIRIE-CHICKEN TRIP.

NO, this is not too late--I checked my records.  We will have the
advantage of daylight savings time (translates into a later start).

We will leave from the parking lot just south of the McDonald's on
Stadium.  This is the McDonald's in front of the Stadium Rd. Walmart.

Departure time:  5 a.m.

We will drive west on 70 and take 65 south through Sedalia, arriving at
the lek adjacent to Hi Lonesome CA at a good time to see the birds.

We'll bird a limited time for other species (sparrows, flycatchers,
etc.), then go to the Country Kitchen in Sedalia for breakfast/brunch.

Expected return to Columbia:  noon to 1:00 p.m.

April 15 (Saturday) RUFFED GROUSE TRIP.

We will leave from Patricia's supermarket lot east of US 63.  Before
departure we will divide into two groups.  Each group will visit one
site, listening and looking for grouse and other birds.

Departure time:  4:30 a.m.  Grouse, do their thing earlier than
prairie-chickens.

We will drive east on I-70, then south to the sites.

Return time:  before noon.  All or part of the group may decide to stop
at Kingdom City for a breakfast/brunch before returning to Columbia.

More details may be available after April 9.  I will post more
information on both trips between April 10 and April 12.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO