Last night Susan Hazelwood, Jerry and I were in Springfield at the
Nature Center.  We were there to honor Becky Matthews at an event styled
quite a bit like the old TV show, "This is Your Life."

Wow! What a production.  Susan, representing ASM, was one of 10 people
(family, colleagues, birding friends) who told of Becky's contributions
to the world around her.  There were few dry eyes but many smiles as
person after person, from the lectern or holding Becky's hand in the
reception line, thanked her for her mentoring, for the example she set,
and for sharing her nature observations through writing and on nature
walks.

Thank you, Springfield area birders (GOAS), for honoring Becky and for
doing it so magnificently.  The food (always first on my list), the
program (AV, the reading and the presenters), the displays--especially
that quilt!, the opportunity to chat with Becky and with others
was--well, simply A+!

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO