Thanks to all of you for advice on storing seed, and getting rid of the
little moths that sometimes develop from eggs in the seed.  The consensus is
storing seed in metal trashcans outside, securing the lids well if there are
racoons in the area. If larvae/moths develop, that just means more protein
for the birds.

As far as getting rid of the moths themselves, several people mentioned the
Pantry Pest traps that use pheromones to attract moths.  By the way, we
found them on the Home Depot website and the price looks better than other
suggested sources.  David is checking it out today; I'll let you know how
much they cost.  Other suggestions popped up:  bay leaves (I had actually
tried that) and a piece of unwrapped bubble gum, which worked well for this
person's grandmother who used gum in her flour canister.

So, as I expected, my birding friends gave me good suggestions.  I'll let
you know how things go.  Thanks again.

Susan Eaton
KIrkwood, St. Louis CO., MO