Tower Grove Park in St Louis
I saw and adult Great Horned Owl and a nest with at least 2 babies in it
yesterday.
If you go South on Center Drive from Magnolia and then turn on the first
right go just past the stables. On the right is a large tree that has been
topped.  There are two holes in it facing the road. The lower hole holds  the nest.

This evening I again say 2 babies in the nest and the a young bird walking
on the ground.  It appeared that it could not yet fly.  I saw no sign  of the
adults this evening, but was careful not to get too close to the young  bird.

It was getting dark and I have my fingers crossed that the one on the  ground
survives the night.  I will go in the morning and check again. If I  locate
the young bird on the ground again, does anyone have any  suggestions.