Please help:  it's already spring, and I was going to get my Swift
binoculars cleaned and adjusted this winter and haven't.  Is there a shop
in the St. Louis area which will do this, or do I have to send them away?

Thanks to the folks from northwestern Missouri who arranged the field
trip to Squaw Creek yesterday, and especially to Dorris Fitchett who let
me share her car as we birded from the auto road.  Watching the movements
of a seemingly infinite number of snow geese was pretty spectacular.
Thanks to Dave Easterlea who pointed me to the snow buntings at Mozingo
Friday afternoon, and then oulined the most direct route to Squaw Creek
so I could get there by about 4:30 when it was still warm and beautiful.
His laconic remark, "There ought to be some movement at dusk" was a
substantial understatement that could only come from a guy with 40 years
of birding experience.

Gail Ahumada
St. Louis  MO