  Jackie Chain posting this for Dan Curran who emailed me today.  :

  I saw that there were some inquiries about the GH owl in Tower Grove
Park.
I was heading for my daughters on Monday @1pm and took a "short cut"
through
TG and stopped to look for the owl.  I did not have to get out of my
car.
It was sitting on the first bare branch below the needled branches on
the
right side of the trunk.   I had a very clear view even without binocs.
When I did put the binocs on it I noticed that it was very tan on the
lower
portion with some mottling or stripes, while the upper 2/3 rds was
chocholate brown.  There was a light (white) necklace with a thin
verticle
section hanging down.  I don't remember the one we saw a few weeks ago
being
that light on the lower portion.  I don't know if that indicates a
different
bird, possibly an immature.

I tried to post on MoBirds.  It acted like I had logged on, but when I
clicked to post it said " I don't think so".

  Jackie Chain
  St Louis County