Greetings,

Burroughs Audubon Society of Greater Kansas City is pleased to announce our
2006 Annual Dinner and Silent Auction on Saturday, April 8, 2006.

Our guest speaker is author and naturalist Chris G. Earley, Interpretive
Biologist and Education Coordinator of the Arboretum at the University of
Guelph in Ontario, Canada. Mr. Earley has written four guides published by
Firefly Books (http://www.fireflybooks.com/Nature/Birds.html), including
Hawks and Owls of the Great Lakes Region and Eastern North America. The
evening's program is entitled: "Hawks and Owls - Those Magnificent Raptors!"

Chris Earley's other titles cover warblers, waterfowl, and sparrows and
finches. In addition to being an author, Chris is a bird workshop and art
instructor at the Arboretum and a guide for Quest Nature Tours, and he has
led excursions to Africa, Greenland, and southern Canada. Autographed copies
of Chris' books will be available for purchase at the dinner. Don't miss
this wonderful opportunity! In addition, BAS is hosting a field trip with
Chris on April 9 and 10; see our field trip page
(http://burroughs.org/field.htm) for details.

Our silent auction will feature many valuable items, including: birding
books, jewelry, artwork, feeders, and optics. We are accepting auction
donations until April 1. If you have an item you would like to donate,
contact Mike Stoakes at 816-554-1956 or [log in to unmask]

Meeting time and location:

6 PM--Silent Auction; 7 PM--Dinner; 6-7 PM--Cash Bar
Hillcrest Country Club, 8200 Hillcrest Road, Kansas City, MO  64138

The cost of the meal and program is $31.00 per person. For directions and
registration form, please visit our website
(http://burroughs.org/newsletter/BASDinnerRegistration06.pdf). Print the
page and mail with payment to the address on the form.

If you have special dietary requirements, please contact Phil and Nancy
Reicher at 816-333-3876, or email: [log in to unmask]

Hope to see you there!

Mike Stoakes