This was going to go into the RBA that I didn't post last night
(stayed at the office until late last night -- will try to compile
everything this afternoon)...:

I was at the Camp Branch Marina at Smithville Lake yesterday
afternoon (about 1:30 - 2:30) and observed both juvenile/first-winter
GLAUCOUS GULLS. The darker bird landed on one of the slip roofs and a
little later the paler bird landed on the rocky point just south and
west of the slips. Doug Willis drove up a few minutes later and
confirmed that the darker bird was still perched on the roof while I
still had the paler bird in my scope. It's pretty neat to see the
variation in color and/or wear in this species right here in little
ol' Clay County, Missouri.

Kristi Mayo
Kearney MO (Clay Co.)