At Horseshoe Lake today, I had a Harris's Sparrow on Bend Road.  As you come
in, it was on the left (lake side) between the white house (#300) and the
red house (#320) - the last two houses before the railroad tracks.  It was
with a flock of White-throated Sparrows, a few Cardinals, several Robins and
a Mockingbird. The sparrows, including the Harris's, were flying from the
bushes down to the puddles on the road, then back into the bushes. I saw the
Harris's twice, both times on the road.

The Great Horned Owl in Tower Grove Park was wonderfully visible this
morning. Thanks to Jackie and others for posting directions.  I spotted the
owl within 30 seconds of getting out of my car.  But when I took a few steps
more, branches obscured the view. So being in the right spot is important.
Here's the best description I can give of the tree I found it in:

About 20 yards past the stables, there is a green trash receptable on the
right (and just beyond that a traffic bump with a yellow stripe, and just
beyond that the bridge over the creek).  About 10 feet before the green
trash receptacle there are three pine trees, pretty much in a straight row.
The owl was in the third tree (closest to the interior path) about 10 feet
from the top. These trees are on the same side of the road as the stables.

Yvonne Homeyer