  From: CAlwood<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
  Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 1:53 PM
  Subject: St. Louis Area Birds 1/6

  Tried for Chubb and Brady's Long-eared Owl at LCCL, but did not see it/them. Mike Grant had two Great-horned Owls in the strand of trees where Shawn had them yesterday. Dave Becher and I saw a Sharp-shinned Hawk flying over the marsh. We also had two covies of Northern Bobwhite. Dave saw another Great-horned Owl by the impoundment near the bike path.

  There were sixteen Eurasian Collared Doves perched in a medium sized tree east of the silos on Payne Rd in St. Charles County. At Seeburger and Church Dave Rogles found a small number of Rusty Blackbirds.

  When I arrived at Riverlands Jackie Chain and Rose Ann Bodman showed me a Tundra Swan at Teal Pond. They also had a Ross's Goose (Rogles had at least five earlier), two Cackling Geese and three White-fronted Geese, all at Teal Pond. A couple of Greater Scaup were swimming alone in Ellis Bay. There were a handful of Common Goldeneyes in Ellis Bay. Some Lesser Scaup were sleeping amongst thirty or so Canvasbacks. I could make out one male Bufflehead out in the channel. A Peregrine Falcon was perched on the Clark Bridge tower.

  Connie Alwood

  * Site:  http://mobirds.org<http://mobirds.org/>                               *