I recently learned a Roadrunner was hanging out at the Missouri Department of Conservation's Regional Office last summer for a few weeks.  Yesterday an MDC employee called and said it is back.  Building construction is going on now to expand their office space and several of the offices are temporarily operating out of office trailers.  The trailers are right next to a small picnic area they use for break time.  The people are able to look out the windows and watch the Roadrunner mill around the picnic area.  Hopefully the bird will be consistent in hanging around so people have a reasonable opportunity to view it.

The Regional Office is located in the northeast part of Springfield.  You can exit off of HWY65 and go west on Kearny St for one block to the traffic light on Mayfair.  Go north on Mayfair for an equivalent distance of two blocks and the MDC building is on the right.  You can park in their parking lot but because of construction parking space can be limited at times.  I will be going by MDC a couple of times today and will let you know how it is going.

I participated with an Eagle and waterfowl count of Greene County on Wednesday.  Nothing particularly unusual in the on waterfowl side.  We did have two mature Bald Eagles at Fellow's Lake.  The most interesting sighting was one Pelican, one Great Egret, and 16 Wilson's Snipe at Lake Springfield.

Charley Burwick
Greater Ozarks Audubon
Greene County