Fellow birders

  The Ozarks Rivers Chapter of Audubon will be holding it's first ever un-official CBC at the WRT on Saturday January 14th. This is part of our IBA project for the trace which covers approximatly 2.200 acres.

  We would like to invite you to join in the fun and meet us at the Trace HQ no later than 7:30 am Saturday January 14th, where we will establish teams, areas of responsibility, maps, and answer any questions you might have before we head out and bird.

  Directions to the Trace from Rolla.

  Take Hwy 72 from Rolla to Salem, MO, about 200 yards before you approach the Hwy 32/72 junction in Salem you will see Hwy H, turn right toward Lenox. Drive approximately 8 miles to CR 231. You will see the large White River Trace hanging sign on the right side of Hwy H. Turn left on CR 231 to the HQ.

  CR 231 is not a cross road, from Salem you can only turn left, from Lenox right only.

  Another option is to take Hwy O off hwy 72, (third light from junction 72/63 in Rolla) to Lenox, turn left on Hwy H, drive about 2 mile to CR 231 and turn right.

  Rob has divided the trace into 8 management zones, these will be our areas of concentration. All zones are acceptable by walking from trace parking facilities.

  The trace is an easy walk about, no steep hills, there are large fields of native winter grasses, forest, creeks, ponds, and on a personal note I think some of the best birding habitat in South Central Missouri.

  We will all meet back at HQ around 12noon and discuss the birding, look at the results, hang out and enjoy the company of other birders, and enjoy some of Rob's famous Chile. Rob's famous Chili is worth the trip, but you have to bird to get a bowl.

  The more eyes and ears, the more birds we will locate. If you can join us please let me know via email.

  Thank you
  The IBA committee, Loretta McClure, Rod Chapman, Linda Frederick, Rod Lentz, Lori McFarland and yours truly Mike Doyen.
  Rolla, MO