 A first of year afternoon bird sortie to LCC marsh proved to be fairly
decent with at least 1 long-eared owl.1 great horned owl and a marsh wren.
 The long-eared owl was perched along the willow break that runs straight
down from the south end of the marsh.The willows border one of the dried up
channels near the old soccor field.
 Bushwacked around the fields bordering the old baseball diamonds trying to
flush short-eards owls but no luck
 The resident great horned was in the same roost it was the last time I was
here over a month ago in another willow break bordering the western edge of the
marsh.
  There was at least 1 marsh wren in the wet marshy area at the south end of
the marsh in amongst the cattails
 Other birds of note were at least 5 red-tail hawks and a covey of about 15
bobwhites.
 The only sparrows I saw were some song and swamps.Have had wintering harris
sparrows here the last few years but couldnt even find a white crown
 -Mike Brady