Personally I like "Low Countries" better than "Netherlands" because using
the latter makes the syllable "lands" appear twice in the sentence which is
clumsy, does not occur in the French and the two terms are largely
synonymous, European nationalisms aside.  However that is stylistic rather
than factual.

Would Terra Haute be capitalized for both words in standard French?  Is it
capitalized thusly in the poem?  This could easily put an end to this
debate.  Pardon, je ne parle francais.

--
T.R. Stratton