Thanks. I like that, Carrol.

Who wouldn't appreciate Brecht on that? But would Eliot? I have yet to explore Eliot closely on social relations to be judgemental. Well, I was only presenting a certain aspect of his work that intrigued me vis-a-vis his royalist stance.

Regards.

CR

Carrol Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I prefer Brecht to Eliot on social relations.

THOSE WHO TAKE THE MEAT FROM THE TABLE
Teach contentment.
Those for whom the contribution is destined
Demand sacrifice.
Those who eat their fill speak to the hungry
Of wonderful times to come.

Those who lead the country into the abyss
Call ruling too difficult
For ordinary men.