Some time recently for someone's post (prose poem "Hysteria," I guess)
I wanted to send in something about how Eliot enjoyed being praised on
how the verse in his plays was getting more and more like common
speech.  I just blundered into a piece that is similar to what I
remembered reading (it must have been something by Robert Speaight.)
This was a footnote to an article written by Christopher S. Durer:

   I well remember Robert Speaight saying after one of the monthly poetry
   readings at the Victoria and Albert Museum in London in the early
   1950s how very pleased Eliot was when friends told him that verse
   in his plays was sounding progressively more and more like prose.
   According to Speaight, Eliot would hoist himself up in his armchair,
   draw in, tuck his feet under him, perform other bodily feats, and beam
   with delight.

   Christopher S. Durer
   T.S. Eliot's "What Dante Means to me" and
   a Four-piece Suit: A Reminiscence and Some Thoughts
   Newsletter of the T.S. Eliot Society
   Spring 2001 - #43

Regards,
    Rick Parker

P.S. - From a prior list exchange we discovered that the fourth piece
of that suit was "reserve."  "Four-piece suit" appears to be a fairly
common expression in the post-radio but pre-television days.