Kate Troy wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
I read an interesting book this weekend, The Writings of William Carlos Williams, Publicity for the Self.  Carlos'  thoughts and relationships as to Eliot, Pound and Stevens and vice versa are explored, but the main focus of the book is the rather deep and complex relationship between Carlos and his initial and longtime publisher, James Laughlin, who began New Directions.  I believe that practically everyone on this list would enjoy the book.
Thanks for the recommendation. Being a great admirer of Williams’ poetry, I surely will enjoy the book.

Frank