CFP: RMMLA Women's Caucus:

>Representations of Gender (3/1/06, RMMLA,

>10/12/06-10/14/06)

>Please join us for the 60th Annual Convention of the Rocky Mountain

>Modern Language Association to be held in Tucson, Arizona on October

>12-14, 2006. This yearís Womenís Caucus Seminar theme is ìEarth, Wind,

>Water and Fire: Representations of Gender and Natural Elements in

>Literature and Film.î

>Proposals for 15-minute papers are sought from scholars working in all

>areas of literature, film, and gender studies. In keeping with this

>yearís theme, we welcome studies related to how gender is represented

>or understood in connection with the natural world and how such

>representations help create or shape individual, class, racial and

>ethnic identities or mythologies.

>Please forward 350 word paper proposals, including title, professional

>affiliation, addresses (especially e-mail), and phone number by March

>1, 2006. Electronic submissions are encouraged. Notification of

>acceptance of the paper will be sent no later than March 15, 2006.

Proposals should be sent to:

Precious McKenzie Stearns (Session Chair)

Department of English, CPR 107

University of South Florida

4202 E. Fowler Avenue

Tampa, FL 33620

Email: [log in to unmask]

And

Bernadette Hyner (Alternate Chair)

Foreign Languages and Cultures Department

Washington State University

PO Box 6426010

Pullman, WA 99164-2610

Email: [log in to unmask]