That's a useful discussion on Canada Goose ID.  I spent some time
last night with Sibley's discussion (http://www.sibleyguides.com/
canada_cackling.htm), but am still not sure about 2 smaller geese in
a flock of 52 Canadas yesterday in Forest Park.  Both had bills that
were noticeably smaller than those of the larger geese and breasts
that were darker.  One had a messy white neck ring (mixed with
black).  Although they were in the midst of the larger flock, they
kept together.

I'll try for another look at them this weekend, assuming that the
city hasn't rounded the flock up for slaughter by the time I get there.

Sherry McCowan
Saint Louis, Missouri