Mobirders,
I ran by REDA (St. Charles County) this morning hoping to find something brought in by the cool front that is pushing through Missouri now.  No rarities were observed, but I did observe now countable TRUMPETER SWANS at Heron Pond.  There were 4 total, 2 adults and 2 juveniles.  No Cattle Egrets observed this morning, but I did have 6 Great Egrets.  They too were observed at Heron Pond.  More waterfowl in Ellis Bay then I have seen as of late.  Best birds in the bay were 2 HORNED GREBES.  Checked out Teal Pond as I left, 2 PEREGRINE FALCONS were sitting on the rip rap, both adult birds.  They eventually chased a few of the ducks around, but looked as if they were just kind of deciding which one they would eat later.....Eventually they both just sat back down on the rip rap.  They appear to like this spot as of late.  This past Sunday morning I observed 1 PEREGRINE FALCON sitting on the rip rap at Teal Pond eating a Green-winged Teal.  After the bird took a short flight, with the Teal
 in tow, two other peregrines came out of nowhere and were trying to steal it from him.  This went on for almost 15 minutes, but in the end,  the original bird was the victor...The Peregrine, not the Teal.  Can not get enough of watching Peregrines...Always a great sighting, but 3 of them, amazing!

Be on the lookout for Northern Goshawks.  The Illinois list serve is indicating this could be a banner year for them.  I would like to believe they exist in Missouri......

Josh Uffman

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO

Photo Gallery:  http://www.surfbirds.com/albums/index.php?cat=10005