MOBirdsters:  This note is from Robin McAlester, Development Director -

The Wildcat Glades Conservation and Audubon Center will hold a Sign Raising
Event in
Wildcat Park, Joplin, on Thursday, November 17, at 10:30 am.  This event
will commemorate
the completion of the architectural design plans and the moving forward of
the project toward
construction.  Local planners and officials will make remarks.  The public
is invited.

"We are thrilled to be at this point of the project," says Tony Robyn,
Executive Director,
Wildcat Glades Audubon Center.  "The plans are finalized for the
construction and ground
breaking is just around the corner."  A display of the latest designs will
be available.

Construction will officially begin at the turn of the year.  "According to
the construction team.
"The construction process should be nine to twelve months," said Robyn.
"It's exciting to
know that this time next year we could be in the center."

To date the center has raised over $4 million towards the $5.5 million goal.
"We still have more
dollars that need to be raised in coming months," adds Fred Osborn, Commerce
Bank,
Capital Campaign Chairman.  "It's not over yet, but we have made very
significant strides."

This event also kicks off the stone purchase program in which etched
flagstones with name or
company logo can be purchased and placed permanently in the walkways and
patios around
the Center.  Additionally, new park trail guides will be available
highlighting features of the park.

For information about the Center, contact the Audubon Center at 417 623
2211.

I wanted to pass this note along.  Good birding,  Larry H.  Joplin MO.