I drove through Eagle Bluffs CA last Thursday afternoon on a way to a
meeting in Columbia.  I had a quick glance of a white bird knock a
Red-tailed Hawk off of limb it was perched on.  The bird then dropped down
on to the ground.  The bird was walking around on the ground but I could
just barley see glimpses of it.  Finally it disappeared totally.  The area
it was in was along the restricted access road just to the left of the gate
they use to stop traffic until the 1-3PM period.

I finally decided to walk the road to see if I could relocate the bird on
the ground.  At the point near the road makes a casual left curve I spotted
the bird walking in the grasses back up toward the access road.  It then
flew up into a tree but behind the trunk and was hard to see except for it's
white head.  As I came closer to the tree it flew to another tree a distance
away, however I could clearly view it's white tail with a nice rose colored
terminal area.  I believe it to be a Krider's Hawk.

My apology and I accept 100 lashes of a Turkey feather for not making a
timely report.

Charley
Charley Burwick
Greater Ozarks Audubon