Just returned home... A quick correction (a sketchy cell-phone
connection may have hindered communication): Josh, Joe, and I
observed one first-winter Little Gull and one SECOND-winter Little
Gull. We did not see any full adult Little Gulls.

We observed both birds this morning some distance apart, but both
were viewable from the same vantage point -- the "Gull Point" area
described by Patrick. (C Hwy south of the Macon/Randolph Co. line to
CR A10; road signs may differ from the DeLorme maps). Later, we
observed the first-winter bird by looking north from Mac's Cove (or
Mac's Landing?), on the west side of the lake (Mo Hwy 3 south of the
Macon/Randolph Co. line to CR 1080).

Aside from the gulls, Thomas Hill and Long Branch Lake were very
quiet. No loons seen, and the only grebe we could find was one Pied-
billed.

Kristi Mayo
Kearney MO (Clay Co.)