Birded SE corner of Thompson R. Wetlands near the River this a.m. before work. Lots of activity in and around a row of willows and shrubby growth. Couple of YB Cuckoos and a Blackburnian Warbler were first birds I saw. Most numerous were Common Yellowthroats, Nashville Warblers, Indigos, and House Wrens. Other Warblers were Yellow, Chestnut-sided,and Palm. There were at least two Lincoln's and three Swamp Sparrows, both FOS. Couple of Song Sparrows too. Flycatchers included Least,E.Phoebe, Peewee, and couple other empids? A Marsh Wren or two were also in the willows and more were a little farther out in the weedy grasses with the Sedge Wrens. Neat time of year when you can get both of these together. At one time there were 2 Marsh Wrens and 3 Sedge Wrens in view all within a few feet. Wished at the then I would have had camera with me. Sure I couldn't have got pics like the ones from Wisconsin though - they were outstanding.
  Leaving in the morning for California to visit Son and family for a few days. Should be plenty more Fall migrants to search for when we get back. Hopefully time to do some out there too.

Later, Steve Kinder, Chillicothe