We met at Tower Grove Park, City of St Louis, because of several warbler species seen there on Wednesday when there was a north breeze and no rain.  Unfortunately for birding, Thursday brought plenty of rain, white sky and an east wind in the morning hours.  The warblers were there, but most we couldn't identify with the viewing conditions.  We met Steve Ewer as we were giving up about noon.

Our birds of the day were two Yellow-billed Cuckoos sitting together, motionless, low in a tree across the road from the Fogt picnic area.  Everyone thought their nickname of rain crow very appropriate as they waited out the showers.

Derick Driemeyer reported a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker seen before we arrived.  We had Northern Flicker, Downy, swallow species, catbird, Ovenbird, Magnolia, warblers showing varying amounts of yellow, Olive-sided FC, peewee, empid, Swainson's Thrush, several
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks.  Chimney Swifts swooped overhead.

Following a very early lunch, we decamped.

Jackie Chain
St Louis County