David Plank, one of Missouri most prominent and well know Avian Artist will be giving a
presentation on sketching and documentation, a must attend presentation for any birder looking to improve their documentation skills.

David will have a slide presentation starting off with pencil sketch's of birds to show us the basics of outlining, sketching, and documentation.. The program will eventually come to a number of sketch's of the Eastern Kingbird starting off with a simple outline and evolving into a complete drawing, slide by slide.

Once you have had the opportunity to outline, sketch, and document a number of birds then David will finish up with about 6 slides of different birds and will give you the choice of bird to sketch as they are flashed on the screen. (10 second shots just like in the wild) Once this is done then David will work with each ASM member individually and critique your outline and sketch and hopefully give advise that will help you improve your technique. ( I am sure the records committee will appreciate any improvement in our ability to sketch and document.)

We will supply both pad and eraser-less pencil, the pads will be numbered and these numbers will be how we will draw the four winning numbers for the art work donated by David to ASM.

You want to be sure and bring your field guide to the presentation so you have something solid to sketch on, and if you prefer a long pencil with eraser or pen please have it handy.

See you at the lake
Mike Doyen