More fabulous work by Mike McDowell of Wisconsin:

-----Original Message-----
From: Wisconsin Birding Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Mike McDowell
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 8:37 PM
To: Wisconsin Birding Network
Subject: [wisb] Sedge Wren digitals

WisBirders,

I actually had my scope & camera along for a change...

Those stripes are pretty darn cool:

http://www.birddigiscoping.com/birdSEWR01.html

I think "V" twigs exist so wrens can do the splits like this:

http://www.birddigiscoping.com/birdSEWR02.html

Hey...is that actually its preen gland?

http://www.birddigiscoping.com/birdSEWR03.html

I began my morning on the county portion of Pheasant Branch Conservancy, and

many migrants were still flying in.  There were a few PALM WARBLERS,

WILSON'S WARBLER and TENNESSEE WARBLERS but the most plentiful was COMMON

YELLOWTHROAT.  There were also ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAKS, BROWN THRASHER, GRAY

CATBIRDS, CLAY-COLORED SPARROW, WHITE-THROATED SPARROW, HOUSE WREN and many

SEDGE WRENS.

Next I went over to the city stream corridor of PBC where I joined several

other birders.  They had already seen BLUE-HEADED VIREO, PHILADELPHIA VIREO

and 16 warbler species, including...YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER.  But AMERICAN

REDSTARTS outnumbered the other warblers.  Also on their list were NORTHERN

PARULA and GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER.

Checking NEXRAD right now, it looks like tomorrow should be pretty good

again!

Mike McDowell

Waunakee - Dane County

http://www.birddigiscoping.com/