Tomorrow Columbia Audubon Society is conducting its monthly bird surveys
at the Bradford Research and Extension Center (Bradford Farms),
Columbia, Boone County. Andy Forbes will be setting up mist nets to
capture some of the elusive sparrows in the crop fields. We will do walk
ups to the nets in an attempt to flush some of the birds into the nets
for id and banding. Walkers are needed, so, join us from 7 am to 11 am
on Thursday Sept 22. That's tomorrow. After setting up the nets we will
be searching other areas on foot while the birds settle down in the nets
area.

Bradford Farm is located 1.5 miles s of WW highway on Rangeline Road in
eastern Boone County. Rangeline is located about five miles east of 63
highway Broadway exit. Broadway turns into  WW east of 63.  Access from
the south is though Deer Park exit at AB highway. Go east two miles and
north on Rangeline Road for two miles to Vemers Ford Road cross road.
The entrance to Bradford is about one quarter mile north of this
intersection on Rangeline Road. We will meet at the west end of the area
past the building complex and down by the lake (about a 3/4 mile from
the entrance on gravel road through the  farm area.

All are welcome.

brad

Brad Jacobs
PO Box 180