A couple of singing Marsh Wrens had joined the Chorus of Sedge Wrens at the Thompson River Wetland. Pools are rapidly shrinking again from too little rainfll here. There were seven Solitary Sandpipers feeding with several Peeps around one small shallow pool. Saw a couple of Wilson's Snipe also, FOS for me. A very drab looking N. Pintail Drake was with about 75 BW Teal. Good number of RW Blackbirds sometimes mixing in with the many Bobolinks moving around the area. Fewer large waders now, but at least six Green Herons seen. Pair of Bobwhite with recently fledged young.

 I don't usually get involved in all the controversys that happen on this site. However as I was reading all the posts last night and thinking about it occured to me what seems to be one of the main problems. People are just too quick to jump on something that upsets them before they know all the facts! The whole IBWP thing comes esp to mind. So my suggestions -

 1.  Cool down first before doing anything.  Really think about it from all perspectives.
 2. Try to get more info and maybe the intent, - Is it sarcasm? - just someone trying to stir things up? just kidding? or what?
3. Like your Mom always told you  - If you can't say something nice....

 BTW - I thought that was a good suggestion from Ruth Simmons about slowing down to save gas. What a novel idea! You mean we don't have to drive at least five miles over the legal posted speed limit just because we can get away with it !!! ??? Never quite understood where that mindset came from? What about the safety issue? Do we really need to be in a such a hurry?I have seen statistics where just driving the speed limit could save millions of barrels of oil. Certainly more that would come from drilling in the ANWR.
 Of coarse I have not even been able to convince my own wife the need to slow down. Some people just like to drive FAST- what ya goina do?

 Later, Steve Kinder, Chillicothe [log in to unmask]