I saw 4 adult Sandhills at Grand Pass CA today.This is on south side of Missouri River in Saline Co. I was hoping they had nested and there,  would be some young ones with this year, but did not see any. Most of the area was pretty dry, looked like they were just starting to move water down the channels to some of the pools. Only birded the east side of the area.Only other waders were a few Great Blue and one Green Heron. Besides Killdeer only other shorebirds were 3 Snipe and 3 Solitary Sandpipers. A mallard, 3 BW Teal and 3 N Shovelers were only Ducks seen.Walked up a few Soras in some habitat that looked very good for Yellow Rail. Near that area I encountered a loose flock of about 50 Dickcissels. This is biggest group I have ever seen. There were a few Sedge Wrens close by and Heard a couple of Bell's Vireos. A Red-shouldered Hawk was calling near the Mo.River.There was a brief kettle of 25 Turkey Vultures before they dispersed. Saw a Loggerhead Shrike on utility lines as I was
 leaving the area.
 Found a bunch of Flycatchers feeding at the edge of some woods directly east of Grand Pass CA. This would be the NW corner of Van Meter State Park. Eastern kingbirds were on overhead wires along the road. In the trees I saw an Olive-sided, and in the undergrowth was at least one Yellow-bellied Flycatcher. Couple more Empids couldn't ID. Need some cooler weather! Wew!

 Later, Steve Kinder, Chillicothe