Bird Banding at Missouri Western State University
(If not interested, please delete now.)

This is just a little report of the results of Jack Hilsabeck's and my bird banding activity this morning at Missouri Western State University. (Please no discussion to ensue on the pros and cons of bird banding.) (Please no discussion on whether or not Missouri Western should be a state college or a state university.)

The skies were overcast and we did have an occasional sprinkle from time to time.
The only "flyover" birds were American Crows, European Starlings and American Goldfinch. Birds heard only were Carolina Wren and White-breasted Nuthatch.

Several birds did fly into and out of the mist nets which were set up. However, we were able to catch and band the following birds.

Acadian Flycatcher - 1
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher - 1
House Wren - 1
Gray Catbird - 1
Mourning Warbler - 1 hatch year, male
Wilson's Warbler - 3 (1 hatch year, male and 2 hatch year females)
Northern Cardinal - 1 female

*I, for one, am in favor of having ONE Missouri listserve. Posts which I am interested in, I will read. Posts which hold no interest for me, I will delete.

Larry Lade
Buchanan County
Saint Joseph, MO