Edge, thank you for the unguent.  Maybe it's because I'm an outsider
without a history of relationships with all of you, but I love the
personal, even occasionally strident,  quality to the list, although I
wouldn't want it to be a coffee klatch or political forum.  I vote for
one list.  I also vote for wording thoughts and opinions in a
non-judgmental way, and for those who take umbrage (good word!), to
grow calluses.

In Carroll County many of the swallows are gone.  When will the cuckoos
leave?  I'll miss their interesting calls.

June Newman