First of all, I have limited time at the computer due to continuing
extenuating circumstances that are out of my control, so if my response was
not as immediate as one might think it should have been.......sorry, but
that's the way it goes.

The initial message was NOT meant to go to Mobirds but out privately and
that
is why the message ended abruptly and there was not a signature (for those
making sure to point out the unsigned message).
My apologies for putting this out on Mobirds and particularly it not being
complete.
But now that it is out there....
If I had finished my thoughts before accidentally hitting the wrong button,
it was intentionally meant to take it to the extreme to shake people up a
bit first (anyone know what sarcasm is any more?) and then say HEY, we don't
need the rhetoric and to please curtail the finger pointing whether it be
ecologically and now...... socially oriented.

How one chooses to enjoy a hobby to take respite from what is going on in
their lives, the world or for WHATEVER reason is totally up to them as long
as it is not illegal .....as far as I can remember.
We still have a few freedoms left even after the Patriot act, right?
If one goes out to bird, does it mean immediately that they are callous to
all what is going on in the world?.... Did you ask them or just pre-judge?
We all do what we can, when we can.

I initially thought birding was about sharing your finds with others, but
now
am having second thoughts about that. I am now thinking it is up to an
individual
whether they wish to post or not
about a rarity, particularly if it will bring upon the ire of others.
More than a few times I have read months later in the Seasonal Reports about
rarities seen, but have not heard if those top notch birders were asked why
they
didn't let the masses know about their find immediately.
Maybe a trend that will increase??......dunno.

Enough said by me.
I'm getting gassed out in multiple ways now anyway.

Good backyard birding,
Charlene Malone
Chesterfield, MO/St. Louis co.