It seems time for a change (I hear you Patrick Harrison, and yes Doug, I
agree it will happen again, it is predictable human ethology).
  Mobirds needs two listserves-one for "chasers/listers", and another for
a "chatroom".  For the PRESENT, rather than UNSUBSCRIBE, I will FIRST WAIT
to see if Susan can set up the two listserves as mentioned above.  Comments
regarding ANY PERSONAL VIEWPOINTS on how our feathered "relatives" should
be appreciated, should be discouraged/banned from all listserves.
  On second thought, a third, added listserve would be even more
appropriate for those who do not chase or list rarities, but simply want to
discuss/mention the common/predicted species that are identified in their
daily observation(s) at a feeder, backyard, trail, refuge, etc.  With such
a breakdown, this would undoubtedly save time for many listservers who
would then check only one listserve.  Perhaps we should not forget that
this type of communication involving the ASM started many years ago
under "Missouri Rare Bird Alert".

David

Dr. David A. Easterla, Ph.D.
Distinguished University Professor of Biology
Northwest Missouri State University
800 University Drive
Maryville, Missouri  64468