Aha! Quite interesting, I hadn't thought of that
perspective.
Some of Eliot's early work (like THE WASTE LAND) is
quite similar in ways to Pope's work, though. For
instance, I think he may have gotten the idea for
"notes" from Pope's five-part mock-epic "The Rape of
the Lock," which is similar to TWL in more than 1 way.
Thanks for pointing out the Anglican bit. I wonder if
religious affiliation was meaningful to Eliot even
before his conversion, the time when he had the most
to say about Pope and Dryden.

Cheers,
Will

=== message truncated ===