I'm sorry I find the comments, so far, unwarranted. ~ CR

Marcia Karp <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Nancy and all,
[log in to unmask] type="cite">
I am not clear about what point is being made.  Why are you
"commemorating" Eliot's pain--especially since it was an apparently very
personal psychoneurosis (his own account, not mine--"aboulia," emotional
not mental, etc., see letters) in a time when very terrible death and
sorrow is occuring to thousands?
What time you do have in mind when this wasn't so?

I'm sure this will produce a mass fit, but it seems a somewhat
inappropriate time for such prompting.
I'm glad you don't think it fully inappropriate.  It isn't, at all, especially  in this forum.  Without the optional testimony of sorrow that doesn't make the news, "I'm sure" some people might think that pain forced into public is the only pain that matters.  Since when are sorrows in competition?

Marcia

PS  Shall I say I am sure you'll call this a fit?  I'd rather think more highly of you than to say (or think) so.