Carrol Cox wrote:

> In the Globe & Mail's Book section on Saturdays, there is a word-game
> challenge for readers to play.  Each week is a different challenge.
> Last week's was to add one word to a movie title, and describe the new
> movie that results (eg "*From Russia With Love Handles*--Kirstie Alley
> as the new Bond Girl.")

Works with book titles too.

This is what happens if you merge T.S. Eliot's The Waste Land with
Robert Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land. A post by Rickard Parker
to the T.S. Eliot maillist (October 17, 2000.)

   Stranger in a Strange Waste Land by T.S. Heinlein

   Valentine Michael Smith, born during, and the only survivor of, the
   first manned mission to Mars is raised by Martians. To Earth he came
   with no knowledge of Earth's cultures or religions but, through
   footnotes, we see him absorb all as no man, save one, has done
   before. Smith feels at home amongst the red rocks, the rocks, the
   parched landscape and more damn rocks. He soon finds, one after
   another, a cast of strange characters in need of love. Smith is the
   most important personage in the poem, uniting all the rest into a
   commune where Smith leads the group into a realization of love through
   sex and where they live under his four rules: give, sympathize,
   control, grok.

   Reviews:

   "The whole passage from Ovid is of great anthropological interest"
      (T.S. Eliot)[1]

   "a piece that passeth all understanding," (J. M. May)[2]

   "Datta, dayadhvam damyata. Shantih, shantih, shantih!"
      (Beldor, King of Mars)

   [1] Cf. T.S. Eliot, "The Waste Land," note to line 216
   [2] Cf. J.M. May, quoted by Ian Johnston,
          http://www.mala.bc.ca/~johnstoi/introser/eliot.htm