I'm with you, Marcia. I sense yet another conspiracy to downplay Eliot's
contribution/importance to modern poetry.
  If Pound had contributed some actual verse, I believe the other side
might have a case. As it is, it is amusing to see the other side make
a case for McLuhan's adage that the medium IS the message.
   If Pound was a co-authout, then so was Viv, but I don't see anyone
making a case for her. Alas poor Lady of Shallott. No one can see her,
even when it's to their advantage. Her support for what should remain
was as important as for what should be excised.

Cheers,
Peter