As my geologist colleague is wont to say, "Them's my sediments, podnah!"
What do you suppose motivates this drive to mediocrity and mere fineness?
Ordinary minds tending to stumble over the extraordinary?
Some kind of perceptual threat?
Shear ignorance of the dynamic (as opposed to the facts and conditions and
technique) of the poetry.

The anagogical mind is dead?

"Humankind cannot bear very much reality." (MitC)

Peter