On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 07:59:00PM -0700, Peter Montgomery wrote:
> I'm with you, Marcia. I sense yet another conspiracy to downplay Eliot's
> contribution/importance to modern poetry.

A "conspiracy", no less?  "The other side"?  In Peter's apparent
paranoia, he as usual finds an argument where none really exists.  Peter,
what is it of Nancy's quite sensible response, about this being a
semantic argument, that so sticks in your craw?  Does the suggestion that
Eliot might have been assisted by "il miglior fabbro" offend the
apotheosis you would grant him?

--George