I hope no one took my email of suggestions on how to bird more economically
the wrong way. I was merely trying to get discussion going on where people
COULD chose to bird IF they wanted to stay closer to home BECAUSE gas prices
were hitting their particular pocketbooks hard. That's why I made sure to
post it as strictly being on financial concerns without getting into fuel
conservation or anything quasi-political/environmental as that.

No judgement was indented or even though of.

I was actually hoping someone could suggest someplace close to home for me
that I hadn't thought of.

By all means, if your finances allow, go as far as you can. If I could, I'd
be planning a Texas or Arizona trip right now and we all know those can't be
done without burning a little fuel. And if anyone has a day trip planned and
they want some company, I might be willing to come along and share the
costs.

Later,
Shawn Clubb
Collinsville, Madison Co., Ill (St. Louis area)