Yesterday morning, Saturday August 20th, I made a quick run up Hwy 79...  Here are the highlights:

Clarence Cannon NWR (Pike County):
1-LOGGERHEAD SHRIKE.  Perched in a tiny dead tree, just past the open gate you drive through as you head to the back of the refuge.  Bird was on the left side of the main road.
Heard numerous BOBOLINK call notes and many Sedge Wrens singing.
Not much luck with shorebirds.... A couple Pectorals and 1-Solitary Sandpiper

Winfield Lock and Dam (Lincoln County):
1-Bairds Sandpiper, thanks to Dave Rogles.
At least 2 SANDERLING
1-juvenile RUDDY TURNSTONE
Dowitchers, Stilt Sandpipers, Lesser Yellowlegs, Pectoral Sandpipers, Least Sandpipers, Semipalmated Sandpipers, Semipalmated Plovers, Spotted Sandpipers

Struck out on Buff-Breasted Sandpipers and Upland Sandpipers at the Keeteman Road Sod Farm......but had to get home, so I was not able to look too long.

LCCL Note of Importance:  In regards to viewing Little Creve Coeur Marsh (St. Louis County).....Be CAREFUL if you park under the Page Avenue Extension where it meets the Maryland Heights Expressway....  I know this has been mentioned before, BUT, I had to learn for myself!  I was informed during my lunch hour this past Friday by a Maryland Heights police officer that this "spot" is considered the "shoulder of the road" and you should not be parking there....and as a result my Friday lunch cost me an extra $25...

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO

Photo Gallery:  http://www.surfbirds.com/albums/index.php?cat=10005