I was happy that someone enjoyed the downy at their feeder.  I enjoy the several redbelly WPs who hang upside down to use the feeder and then lick the drips that run down their tummies with their long tongues!  Other birds commonly at feeder - indigo buntings, titmice, chickadees, hairy WP, Carolina wren and cardinal (who spilled it) tried it but didn't like it, house finch and goldfinch have landed on it but not sure they tried it out.  My feeder is the common hourglass bottle style with four red flower ports and perches at each port.  On rare occassions I have seen butterflies; there are always the bees and wasps, often with the Hummingbird being chased by the larger the wasps.

An interesting behavior I observed several times was the RBWP adults digging small holes in the redbud tree near the suet feeder that their young ones were begging in.  The adults would then fly to the peanut suet, gather large mouthfuls, take those back to the tree and stuff the suet in the holes (by which time the babies were nearby).  Then the parent would take a small serving from the hole, feed it toeach baby and fly away.  On the second try the baby found the hole and dug into it to get the food.  Each subsequent feeding was placed first in a different hole in the same tree with similar behavior.  Talk about parenting!  I watched this behavior over several days, and enjoyed it enormously.

Mariel