MOBIRDERS,

Forgive the late post.

Sunday evening I birded the 79 corredor and had a slightly different mix of shorebirds at Winfield L/D

Least and Semipalmated about the same
3 stilt sandpipers,
increase in lesser yellowlegs from 4--->15 or so
increase in solitary and spotted sandpipers
one western sandpiper, a juvenile bird seen in the mudflat south of the causeway.

For those who want to play a longshot-
go one mile or more up sandy slough road.  where the road leaves the river side and goes over the levee there is a gate on the right side with a boat the has the message "this dumpster full" written on its side.  On the other side of the gate, 40 yards down the path, in the top of the trees on the right side of the path, I had one painted bunting male.  I got out to stretch my legs for a minute and observed a bird fly into the treetops and when I looked I saw a green backed, red-bellied bird (head was behind some leaves)--99 percent sure it was a male PABU (have seen lots this year in Texas).

Buffbreasted sandpipers were still in the sod fields along 79 yesterday (Mon) evening.

Good birding

David Rogles
St. Charles County

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com